US3S Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum

| Official Members List | Join US3S | News & Information| Sponsor List | US3S Stuff | 3S of the Month |

Go Back   US3S Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum > Car Talk > Stealth and 3000GT General Info

Stealth and 3000GT General Info General Questions and Comments regarding the Stealth and 3000GT. Newbie questions welcome.

Old - August 15th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Uber Noober

Where's the fuel pump fuse/relay?

I'm not getting any fuel and don't here my fp turn on when I turn the key.

Where's the fuel pump fuse/relay?. I've looked in the fuse box in the engine bay and the one in the car(lower driverside). Can't find it.

91 3000gt SL manual-

Thanks-
Old - August 15th, 2006, 07:06 PM
US3S Member

power comes from the MFI relay and the relay is underneeth the intake if I remember right, it's just chillin there in a little rubber holder, there is a check terminal in the back left of the engine bay behind the bat if I remember right, or you could just pop open the inspection pannel and try jumpering the pump to see if it's dead or not, I'll have to get back to you on which terminals it is
Old - August 15th, 2006, 08:06 PM

Correct, it should be under the fusebox beside your airfilter. If you still have the stock airbox, you may need to remove it in order to see it.

95 Emerald Green Pearl Stealth TT - It's stock too.
...no really it is...
Old - August 15th, 2006, 10:50 PM
PrestoTuna

Just a quick fact that confuses lots of people new to Mitsubishi....

the fuel pump doesn't start pumping until the ECU sees the engine turning. Our systems don't prime when we turn the key to ON.
Old - August 16th, 2006, 08:56 AM
?TTAngel?
Pedestrian Killer Champion, Home Run Champion, Carmageddon Champion, Flashbert Champion, ROFL Attack Champion, Plops Champion, 3D Car Driver Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeRFour05
power comes from the MFI relay and the relay is underneeth the intake if I remember right, it's just chillin there in a little rubber holder, there is a check terminal in the back left of the engine bay behind the bat if I remember right, or you could just pop open the inspection pannel and try jumpering the pump to see if it's dead or not, I'll have to get back to you on which terminals it is
There is two relays.

one is the MFI relay, which, at least in my car is in the passenger side kick panel. the other relay is under the fusebox/airfilter on the passenger side, just like you guys said. I have also had problems with my fuel pump resistor, also under the airbox/fusebox that gave me pump problems.

If you think it's fuel pump related, there is a test port right by the battery you can hook up, or just run a seperate wire to test it out.

Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondStealth
I have seen the new "toy" we are buying to be Elizabeth's playmate. It disturbs me...
Old - August 16th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Uber Noober

thanks for all the replys guys. very good information.

i'm pretty sure it's either my pump is out or the relays are... because when i turn the car over i get spark/air but no fuel. i check my plugs and they are not fouled w/ any fuel. and i can't smell any either.

i'll check on the relays asap. thanks again!.
Old - August 16th, 2006, 04:04 PM
US3S Member

what year/milage on the car? Fuel pump rewire done or not?
Old - August 17th, 2006, 03:40 AM
Uber Noober

the car is a 1991 3kgt SL(n/a) 75000miles. never touched the fuel pump, everythings pretty much stock.

I tried looking for the relay under the airbox/fusebox and on the pass. side kick panel but couldn't find it. Is there any difference between the location of that relay on TT and N/A's?.

How do I use the test port to check the fuel pump?. Connect a wire to the positive side of the battery and ground the other?.

sorry for the newb q's... thanks for the help!.
Old - August 17th, 2006, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomHero
the car is a 1991 3kgt SL(n/a)
Non-turbos don't have a feul pump relay.

95 Emerald Green Pearl Stealth TT - It's stock too.
...no really it is...
Old - August 17th, 2006, 01:01 PM
US3S Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monochrome
Non-turbos don't have a feul pump relay.
touche, my guess is that the pump went bad, try to manually jump it and see what you can find out, good luck
Old - August 17th, 2006, 05:04 PM
UberModerator
Penguin Pass Champion

all 3k's have a fuel pump relay, also known as the mfi relay located on the passenger side of the center console, the relay you are referring to under the hood is the fuel pump CONTROL relay switches from full power to fuel pump under boost to low power (by send power through the resistor) under normal cruising. the fuel pump control is only found on Turbo cars
Old - August 18th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Uber Noober

^^^thanks for clearing that up xwire^^^

i was going crazy trying to find the relay under my airbox

i know which relay your talking about, on the pass. side console. I'll try and replace that, and also try to jump my pump to see if it's still ticking. thanks-
Old - August 18th, 2006, 01:05 PM
US3S Member

don't just go and replace the relay, it's gonna run you a good chunk of change and I doubt that it went bad, if anything pull it out and try listen to see if it's clicking, not sure which terminals are for the coil off hand