US3S Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum

| Official Members List | Join US3S | News & Information| Sponsor List | US3S Stuff | 3S of the Month |

Go Back   US3S Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum > Modifications > Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo 91-96 Stealth RT/TT 91-99 3000GT VR-4 / VR-4 Spyder

Old - October 26th, 2004, 02:19 PM
BPU Noober

6g72 performance parts

alright, well 3si is still down so i joined up here... last night i did some searching for "6g72 performance parts" and found something interesting that i thought i'd share...

look at that intake manifold

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/618527/2
http://www.booyamotorsport.com/v2/ca...allery_c_1.htm
http://www.aussiemagna.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10646

looks like this is a mitsubishi magna (mitsu-australia car) with a 6g72 engine running a garrett GT40R single... i sent the guy an email to see about maybe getting a GB going on something like this... but thought i'd toss the info out there incase anybody else wanted to check it out.
Old - October 26th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Admin
Space Invaders Champion, Flash Poker Champion

So I guess you have plans for the future huh?
Old - October 26th, 2004, 04:29 PM
BPU Noober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Man
So I guess you have plans for the future huh?
just do'n it for the cause yo...

i like finding new and interesting setups and if its something i'm interested in i try it out... my mod list might not be the most practical or done in the right order or whatever... its just a car... its a fun hobby... i'm probably not anywhere near as hardcore about these cars as most of the people on here and 3si... but this is my what i have for now.
Old - October 28th, 2004, 12:30 PM
BPU Noober

just got a reply about the intake... thought i'd keep anybody updated that might be interested.

Quote:
G'day mate!

sorry for the delay in replying, as i dont normally check my hotmail very often..

as for the intake, bascally, its a short runner force fed intake. this intake was custom designed and welded at my local proformance workshop. its lighter then the OEM intake, and top end HP is incredible. having such short runners, the main purpose of this design was for top end HP.

we have also made a modified OEM intake manifold with the original length runners, which with some flowing, and throttle body position and design changes, we found it not to have as much top end hp, (lost around 60kw) but gained around 100nm of torque straight off the bat at 3000rpm. with this new design we have managed to get 266kw (only very minor gain over the design your asking about) but, the torque shot through the roof at around 500nm at the bags.

the vehicle gets out of the workshop next week with the new modifications (regarding the OEM plenum) and with some fine tuning (as we've also made some internal changes) should some a few more kw's on the top, but expecting another 50-80nm.

ill email you more when my car gets out of the workshop with its new mods

Cheers
Ben
Old - October 28th, 2004, 12:55 PM

so can we get some dimensions? etc? closer pics? etc etc, something that we can take to our local performance shop and get fabbed for us? i'd have it done. just to see what can happen on an NA, maybehe culd write up how it was done? that looks like one fast car... man... -matt
Old - October 28th, 2004, 02:42 PM
BPU Noober

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispro
so can we get some dimensions? etc? closer pics? etc etc, something that we can take to our local performance shop and get fabbed for us? i'd have it done. just to see what can happen on an NA, maybehe culd write up how it was done? that looks like one fast car... man... -matt
those are the best pics i could find so far... i'll see what i can do... i'm trying to find out about pricing/availability if he would be interested in doing some sort of group buy with them.