US3S Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum

| Official Members List | Join US3S | News & Information| Sponsor List | US3S Stuff | 3S of the Month |

Go Back   US3S Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum > Modifications > Naturally Aspirated***Non-Turbo

Naturally Aspirated***Non-Turbo 91-96 Stealth Base/ES/RT 91-99 3000GT Base/SL/SL Spyder

Old - March 2nd, 2015, 12:14 PM
slipnsidways

Re: Hi Guys

I definitely would not use any RTV type of sealer on an o ring. You will defeat the way an o ring seals. If anything, use vasoline or some grease.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (17.0 KB, 4 views)
Old - March 2nd, 2015, 03:36 PM
Paid Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwire View Post
The low oil pressure would have me pulling the bottom end apart to check bearings and clearances. As for dealing the water pump nothing but a new factory print and factory metal gasket is required. As for discoloration of the Pistons from what your describing sounds like normal. The Pistons and combustion chambers are going to discolor after running. They are not going to stay nice and clean.
Ok, though I don't think any bearings have spun as the engine readily turns over smoothly and by hand, I'll go ahead and pull the engine again and go through it again. I had a machine shop turn the crank and fit the bearings but I guess it bears checking again anyway. Thanks. Any thoughts on the rack?
Old - March 2nd, 2017, 01:39 PM
Paid Member

Unhappy Re: Hi Guys

I know it's been a while since Ive been on here but sadly we only get older not younger and I've had a bunch of stuff happen in the time I've been away, not the least of which I've completely rebuilt the engine, replaced the rack and pinion, both front drive axels, both rear berring hubs and lots more. Unfortunately as I was about to reinstall the engine, I noticed that the frame that all the front suspension and motor mount attaches to is cracked all the way through. I simply don't have the time to tear everything down again and replace the frame and due to health issues am forced to part my 95 DOHC SL out. I have lots of new parts and another rear bumper cover etc. so if anyone needs anything just PM me.
Old - March 31st, 2017, 09:26 PM
Paid Member

Ok, I don't know what all that was about, but I've really had a hard time getting back on here. Seems when I try from my Macs, it goes to some weird page that says this domain hasn't been paid for. Now, I get on my phone, while in Oklahoma doing the world's largest gin show, I'm able to pull it up, go figure. Any way if anyone is in need of anything just PM me.
Old - April 1st, 2017, 06:09 AM
Paid Member

Sorry, I do not speak your language.