US3S Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum

| Official Members List | Join US3S | News & Information| Sponsor List | US3S Stuff | 3S of the Month |

Go Back   US3S Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum > Car Talk > General Banter

General Banter Discuss anything about cars in general. Not dedicated to the 3S platform only.

Old - June 7th, 2016, 11:14 PM
PrestoTuna

Re: Fall General BS Thread!!

I'm seriously considering buying a CNC vertical mill since I was just offered one at a price I'm finding hard to refuse, so, if I go through with this, anybody need shit machined?

I would need to recoup some of the cost, even though it's stupid cheap for a mill, lol.
Old - June 8th, 2016, 06:15 AM
WWVD
Bounceback Champion, Bugz Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highboosted View Post
I'm seriously considering buying a CNC vertical mill since I was just offered one at a price I'm finding hard to refuse, so, if I go through with this, anybody need shit machined?

I would need to recoup some of the cost, even though it's stupid cheap for a mill, lol.
Machine my life!
Old - June 8th, 2016, 07:44 AM
Drifffto

I may have an idea or two...

5-axis machine?
Old - June 8th, 2016, 06:16 PM
PrestoTuna

3 axis, has a 4th axis on the controller no stepper motor for it. Would be for a spindle tilt or something.

This one is a "desktop" size, it's larger than your normal desktop mill, but smaller than your standard standing mills. He offered it to me for $1000, can't seem to touch comparable ones for under 4K looks like.

Last edited by Highboosted; - June 8th, 2016 at 06:35 PM.
Old - June 13th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Drifffto

So did you decide to buy the mill?
Old - June 13th, 2016, 06:01 PM
PrestoTuna

I haven't committed yet, still thinking about it. Unsure if I'd ever make enough parts with it to make it worth it, vs just having other people make it.
Old - June 15th, 2016, 07:27 AM
Drifffto

Your reservations are quite understandable.

So is there going to be an NG caravan this year, you know all two or three vehicles of us?
Old - June 15th, 2016, 08:08 AM
PrestoTuna

I'm leaving Tuesday morning some time, 2 trucks and trailers, so we can, lol.
Old - June 15th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Drifffto

How early were you planning on leaving?
Old - June 15th, 2016, 04:26 PM
PrestoTuna

I'd like to leave at 9-10am, but I dunno if that will happen. Usually I'm still working on cars and loading stuff that morning, lol.
Old - June 16th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Drifffto

That works for me, I was worried you would want to do a 7am or 8am departure.
Old - June 25th, 2016, 03:19 PM
slipnsidways

I'm looking forward to hearing about NG16. Is the registration website accurate?! only 17 3S registered
Old - June 26th, 2016, 02:45 PM
PrestoTuna

think the final number was 32 or 35?

The end result was everyone broke something.
Old - June 26th, 2016, 03:33 PM
UberModerator
Penguin Pass Champion

Looking to get together tomorrow night at longhorn in Kirkwood/crest wood with manny, his wife and kids from Rhode Island and want to get together. Thinking 5pm if it will work for everyone. More details to come once I get a head count
Old - June 27th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Drifffto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highboosted View Post
think the final number was 32 or 35?

The end result was everyone broke something.
The final count on 3/S cars had to have been under 25. If you include the "other" vehicles the numbers got up into the 30's.