US3S Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum

| Official Members List | Join US3S | News & Information| Sponsor List | US3S Stuff | 3S of the Month |

Go Back   US3S Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum > Car Talk > General Banter

General Banter Discuss anything about cars in general. Not dedicated to the 3S platform only.

Old - April 24th, 2016, 10:20 PM
PrestoTuna

Re: Fall General BS Thread!!

What ya'll be missing:

https://youtu.be/xUEto9ww3Ls
Old - April 25th, 2016, 07:37 AM
Drifffto

That looked like a fun course. Is your car still RWD?
Old - April 25th, 2016, 07:44 AM
PrestoTuna

Yes, welded rear diff since NG.

Last edited by xwire; - April 25th, 2016 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Meant to quote not edit
Old - April 25th, 2016, 10:06 AM
UberModerator
Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highboosted View Post
That makes more sense on the sliding around. Looked like a very fun course though.
Old - April 25th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Drifffto

Quote:
And you did that because you hate traction?
Old - April 25th, 2016, 01:43 PM
STL Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Bone 25 View Post
Just curious... where did the car make its way to now?
Was hurt for cash, so I had sold it to Von over 2 years ago for him to fix it and do what he wanted with it. Not sure what he did with it.

The more and more I think about it, I wish I had just put the damn thing in storage until I was back on my feet with a steady job. I miss that car so much.

My wife and I are buying a house in Barnhart soon, so it may be even longer before I start to look for our project or Sunday car.

Old - April 25th, 2016, 09:23 PM
PrestoTuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95gto View Post
And you did that because you hate traction?
Has much more traction than it did at NG, but the addco rear bar is way too big for RWD use. Open rear diff and large rear sway bar meant that Terry and his FWD car was out accelerating me out of corners. The stock LSD blows up within a couple laps. Removing the rear bar or installing a weakened stocker will give me back hookup out of corners. The numbers say I need a bar in the 1/2" diameter range or less in back, and I could go larger in front.

I was planning on going back to AWD, but it's a blast to drive now, and based on the autoX times, I'm not any slower than my AWD times, maybe even faster. When I checked I was 4 or 5 seconds back from the FTD Subaru this time, which is closer than I usually am even with old ass tires.

Tires were so old they didn't leave black burnout marks, they tore the pavement up leaving light grey marks.

Open diff FTL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bzw6gUMYgw
Old - April 25th, 2016, 09:40 PM
STL Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL3000gt View Post
Was hurt for cash, so I had sold it to Von over 2 years ago for him to fix it and do what he wanted with it. Not sure what he did with it.

The more and more I think about it, I wish I had just put the damn thing in storage until I was back on my feet with a steady job. I miss that car so much.

My wife and I are buying a house in Barnhart soon, so it may be even longer before I start to look for our project or Sunday car.
Gotcha... so, Von... where did it end up? hahaha

Old - April 26th, 2016, 07:18 AM
Drifffto

Quote:
Has much more traction than it did at NG, but the addco rear bar is way too big for RWD use. Open rear diff and large rear sway bar meant that Terry and his FWD car was out accelerating me out of corners. The stock LSD blows up within a couple laps. Removing the rear bar or installing a weakened stocker will give me back hookup out of corners. The numbers say I need a bar in the 1/2" diameter range or less in back, and I could go larger in front.

I was planning on going back to AWD, but it's a blast to drive now, and based on the autoX times, I'm not any slower than my AWD times, maybe even faster. When I checked I was 4 or 5 seconds back from the FTD Subaru this time, which is closer than I usually am even with old ass tires.

Tires were so old they didn't leave black burnout marks, they tore the pavement up leaving light grey marks.

Open diff FTL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bzw6gUMYgw
FTD Subaru? Are you talking about the Subie that the two guys share?
Old - April 26th, 2016, 06:03 PM
PrestoTuna

Steve's WRX, he usually is in the top 5 and usually fastest Subaru, but this past weekend some really fast guys showed up. They also run the afternoon heat while I run the morning heat so I really have no chance in matching their times. One of these days I'll convince him to let me run afternoon once just to see the difference.
Old - April 27th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Drifffto

Quote:
Steve's WRX, he usually is in the top 5 and usually fastest Subaru, but this past weekend some really fast guys showed up. They also run the afternoon heat while I run the morning heat so I really have no chance in matching their times. One of these days I'll convince him to let me run afternoon once just to see the difference.
Your Pax penalty killed you, it turned a 3 second delta into an 8 second delta.
Old - April 27th, 2016, 07:15 PM
PrestoTuna

Yup. XP is almost a free-for-all class, so the National guys show up in cars with complete custom suspension ect. It even allows strut cars to convert to A arm suspension. Not the class you wanna be stuck in with stock suspension and not an EVO or M3.

A little more interior and an intake restrictor and I could run something more appropriate, maybe swing SM.
Old - April 28th, 2016, 06:54 AM
Drifffto

Quote:
Yup. XP is almost a free-for-all class, so the National guys show up in cars with complete custom suspension ect. It even allows strut cars to convert to A arm suspension. Not the class you wanna be stuck in with stock suspension and not an EVO or M3.

A little more interior and an intake restrictor and I could run something more appropriate, maybe swing SM.
Last time I read the rules I think my car came in as an STX or higher. Silly things make significant impacts to your classing so the best thing to do to be competitive is to show up with a solid auto-x car with the stickiest stock size tires you can find that aren't race tires.
Old - April 28th, 2016, 06:07 PM
UberModerator
Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Bone 25 View Post
Gotcha... so, Von... where did it end up? hahaha

Fixed it and sold it to a kid leaving for the military last year.
Old - May 4th, 2016, 07:13 AM
Drifffto

Kenny is claiming NG Auto-X dominance for this year and the two previous years. IIRC he couldn't best Nate's time when he was driving a VR4. I'm not sure he was even able to best my time.

So to summarize, dominating the NG Auto-X means laying down better times in a vehicle more suited for autocross than a VR4.