US3S Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum

| Official Members List | Join US3S | News & Information| Sponsor List | US3S Stuff | 3S of the Month |

Go Back   US3S Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum > Welcome to US3S > News & Events

News & Events US3S News and Events relating to the forum and site.

Old - March 18th, 2009, 09:02 AM
I'm Lost!!!

Be at peace Brother

I’ve known Keith for many years. We met one night in a tree as a friend of his was waiting on a girl and a friend of mine was instructed to meet the same girl in the same tree. The idea was that she would sneak out to meet our friends, only they had no idea she had set up two guys for the same meeting. Keith and I just sat back and waited for those two to start pounding on each other. May I point out that the girl never showed… a setup from the start. Keith and I hit it off immediately! Complete opposites, but we hit it off. I listened to country music and wore cowboy boots 90% of the time. He was into break dancing, any music except country, and had the hair on top of his head bleached. If we had met in passing, we would have called each other freak or redneck, and kept on walking. Thank god for those idiot friends that had us waiting in a tree for a girl that never showed!
About a month after that, my family moved next door to Keith. Right away we were both accepted into each other’s family. If we got into a mess my Dad was after us both… when his Mom yelled “BOYS”… she’d point at me and say, “That means you too mister!” I couldn’t count the number of times we were off doing something stupid together. We went through High School together, and eventually shared the rent at a couple different dwellings. Then we started our careers. At first we worked worlds apart, then I got him hired in with me. Everyone quickly found out that there was nothing this guy couldn’t do! We bounced around through different departments until we landed in engineering. We worked together, played together, married two crazy (but wonderful) women, have children born only weeks apart, and have shared a bond that I hope everyone could have at some point in their life.

Who would have thought that Brothers grew on trees!

Keith, I love you… forever be at peace brother. We will meet again.
Old - March 18th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I'm Lost!!!

Thanks to you all!

I went to the first NG with Keith. The immediate friendship and bond everyone had was awesome! The cars were incredible and I knew I had to have one. But more than the cars was the connection of the group. You guys have been great friends to Keith. This is so much more than a car club. You all seamlessly blend in to create a larger family. If I have any regrets, its that I didn’t take more time away from work to hang with you guys. My car is on the road to recovery and I vow to make that time from now on. And we will be at the next NG for sure. I’ll make sure Tonya and the bumble bee makes it there too.

You guys have been so great to Keith and his family.

Thanks
Old - March 18th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Drifffto

I’ve spent a lot of time trying to figure out what to say, but like a friend told me what can you really say about something like this. I didn’t know Keith as long as some, but from what time I was lucky enough to spend with him I did learn what an amazing guy he was. For those of us who were lucky enough to call him friend, brother, father, or husband we know that we were blessed to have him as a part of our lives. He was the best of us and in his passing is leaving our world a little less bright, but he is no longer suffering and for that we should be thankful. Keith we will forever carry you with us in our thoughts and in our hearts.
Old - March 18th, 2009, 11:30 AM
STL Group

God damnit. I was really pushing for him. I can't believe how many people are allowed to live in this world yet people like Keith aren't so lucky. Fuck cancer and fuck all the bad people in the world allowed to live. I'm actually crying and all I knew of him was conversation and the many nights of vicariousness spent on this forum. I will be donating to his fund as soon as I can get out of class!
Old - March 18th, 2009, 12:38 PM
UberModerator
Penguin Pass Champion

For those making donations for flowers for Keith, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am blown away again and again with how this community steps up time and time again to look out for a fallen brother and his family, thank you.
Old - March 18th, 2009, 03:23 PM
US3S Member

If I had the time off I'd drive down for the weekend.
Old - March 18th, 2009, 03:43 PM
US3S Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan92rttt
If I had the time off I'd drive down for the weekend.
That would be awesome if you and Lori could make it here
Old - March 18th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Uber Noober

Very sad to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out to Keith's family and anyone who knew him. Unfortunately I never met Keith but this news is very upsetting nontheless. RIP

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT
2001 S-10 Extreme
Old - March 18th, 2009, 10:18 PM
US3S Member

We'd live to but its impossible. Lori owns he own store now and she has to be there and I have no spare time off.
Old - March 18th, 2009, 11:07 PM
US3S Member

picture from STL. NG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg STL. NG small.jpg (61.4 KB, 6 views)

Old - March 19th, 2009, 04:53 AM
UberModerator
Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR440
picture from STL. NG

upload it here http://www.cozeanfuneralhome.com/
Old - March 19th, 2009, 08:47 AM
US3S Member

Last night Tonya called me because she said Keith spoke highly of me and she knew I would want to know of this. He and I had been good friends since 1998 back in the Dragnet days. We hung out at the National Gatherings and I sat with Tonya in the bleachers during the races. Awesome people, awesome friends... I also thought highly of him and will miss him greatly. I only wish I would have gone to the NG last year just to see him one more time if I knew what was to happen. I haven't been in this forum in like 2 years now.

"Keith, my friend, you were too young to leave us, but I will see you when my time comes around in that big race track in the sky..." I loved you man...
Old - March 19th, 2009, 10:20 AM
US3S Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwire
I uploaded these lastnight still not up on the their sight
Old - March 19th, 2009, 10:23 AM
US3S Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRC
Last night Tonya called me because she said Keith spoke highly of me and she knew I would want to know of this. He and I had been good friends since 1998 back in the Dragnet days. We hung out at the National Gatherings and I sat with Tonya in the bleachers during the races. Awesome people, awesome friends... I also thought highly of him and will miss him greatly. I only wish I would have gone to the NG last year just to see him one more time if I knew what was to happen. I haven't been in this forum in like 2 years now.

"Keith, my friend, you were too young to leave us, but I will see you when my time comes around in that big race track in the sky..." I loved you man...

John I found a picture lastnight with you sitting behind Keith when you where in STL before the NG03
Old - March 19th, 2009, 10:46 AM
US3S Member

If you could, send it to me.. john@vr4stealth.com. Yeah, I remember the pre-meeting. Had a good time and a couple pre-street races. LOL. I don't have any photos from that trip.... I do remember the St Louis hospitality was awesome as usual...