US3S Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum

| Official Members List | Join US3S | News & Information| Sponsor List | US3S Stuff | 3S of the Month |

Go Back   US3S Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum > Regional Communities > New England Chapter

Old - April 21st, 2013, 01:58 AM
Uber Noober

Re: Who do we have from NE ?

Wallkill, NY - though not technically NE, close. New to the board and my Son has 92 SL that lately is spending more time in the shop than I would like. Not surprising though - apparently only one owner and it sat unmaintained for a very long time. Clock reads less than 100k. Currently looking for a replacement hydraulic unit.

JC
Old - April 21st, 2013, 09:00 PM
slipnsidways

Hydraulic unit? Timing tensioner, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, blinker fluid pump, power steering pump, brake master cylinder, brake calipers, etc. these are all hydraulic units.
Old - April 22nd, 2013, 01:24 PM
Uber Noober

Checkered vr4 - apologies. N00b both on the board and with the car - however that is the term used in the Mitsubishi Service manual (page 35-110) that I have. The manual actually says "Hydraulic Unit, Relay" so maybe in more normal terms it should be called a Hydraulic Relay unit?

Personally, I would probably refer to it as the ABS Apportiioning Valve - or something, but I hoped that using the term called out in the original shop manual would be best, not knowing at all what others might call it.

In any event, this appears to be the ABS pump system located just over and forward of the passenger-side front wheel. Apparently it has an electric motor for the pump underneath and all brake lines attached to it.

My local shop referred to it as the Antilock Brake pump - but that term isn't used in the manual that I can find. It appears to be the source of both an ABS light on the dash being on above 20mph and, newly, lack of brake pressure altogether (though I am not above suspecting my shop of guessing!)

If this link is to be believed - it is pretty much this thing - though as I only saw it quickly a couple days ago, and didn't take a picture, I am not sure - this specific page seems to be different - and though it calls out the correct year (92 for me), it could be a generic stock image we are looking at here.

http://www.siaelec.com/91-953000exct...hexcturbo.aspx

So that is what I am looking for - ABS related and if you (or anyone else) has one available, I'd like to talk. My car as a 92 3000GT SL if that is important.

Thanks!

Jc