PDA

View Full Version : Driving age

skylinevspec2
- January 13th, 2005, 12:23 AM
First of all, I am glad that there is now a West Coast Forum here in US3S, and I just wanted to know what is the driving age requirement in California?

3kgtvr-4me
- January 13th, 2005, 01:44 PM
16 to get your permit......umm i don;t remeber how long you have to wait to get the real deal....i got mine when i turned 18 soo.....is is defferent from state to state??

chewedtoothpick
- January 13th, 2005, 09:40 PM
You can get your permit at 15... Have to have it 6mos before you get your license unless you are 18+...

I, however, have been driving since 14, and only had my license at 18... :p

3kgtvr-4me
- January 14th, 2005, 05:33 PM
hey did you get your car back yet??

chewedtoothpick
- January 14th, 2005, 06:12 PM
hey did you get your car back yet??
It is still in transit... It was in LA on Tuesday, and I am rather perturbed that they haven't made it here yet, but I can understand... I am just getting extremely anxious...

skylinevspec2
- January 15th, 2005, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=chewedtoothpick]You can get your permit at 15... Have to have it 6mos before you get your license unless you are 18+...

Isn't the new law in California, is that you can only get your driver's license at 18 years old now? The fact that California has increased in teen driver accidents.

Zoodled
- January 20th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Isn't the new law in California, is that you can only get your driver's license at 18 years old now? The fact that California has increased in teen driver accidents.

Don't you wish they would increase it to 21? :)

skylinevspec2
- January 20th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I wish they kinda change it to 21, but some of us students have to drive to high school, and go to college. I don't want to get a driver's license just to buy a VR4 and own drivers in the streets, but drive safely and enjoy the ride.

chewedtoothpick
- January 20th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Don't you wish they would increase it to 21? :)
You're crazy...

chewedtoothpick
- January 20th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I wish they kinda change it to 21,

Again, you're crazy...

And I think Zoodled was joking because it was tried twice already.

skylinevspec2
- January 20th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Well safety is really mandatory for me when I become a driver because one of the many challenges I observed here in Long Beach is the traffic itself. With all the daily car accidents, and my freeway-like neighborhood. SUVS cutting you without signaling. Moreover, I kinda actually prefer the driving age to 21 for all the bad young drivers here in the L.B. but not for myself.

Zoodled
- January 21st, 2005, 10:17 AM
Again, you're crazy...

And I think Zoodled was joking because it was tried twice already.

I was joking.

In Wisconsin kids can't get a real license till they are 18. The probationary license they get at 16 isn't valid at night or with other young people in the car.

stealthbagger93
- January 24th, 2005, 10:17 PM
If I was in charge you would have to go to a driving school to drive a suv and any one that is 60 or older has to go to a driving school once a year. They will also have to pass with a 95%. Ok I am not racest but it seems to me that there are one to many asian's that can't drive or see or both. I mean serious look at the next person that cuts you off I would say if you live in the bay area it is a women talking on her cell phone in a suv and you get the bitch look from her like :wtf:, or DWO (drive while oriental) that changes lanes almost right into you or is driving as if there car will blow up if they go over 35mph trying to merg. I have spead up to look at them and they drive like they have damn blinder's on. They are just holding on to the streeing wheel with dear life staring down the front windsheld like a dumb kid trying not to cheat on a test cause he knows the teacher is watching him. I just hate bad drivers. Her is a little quote from Jeff Fowworth- "I belive that if you let someone cut infront in trafic and they don't give you the little wave. It should be perfectly legal to get up underneath them, gettem loss and put them into the wall." Ok I feel better I am done venting since I got cut off 2 times and almost had and car change lane right into the side of me in less then 2 miles just going to work by two (DWO's) and the women in the SUV giving my the :wtf: .

Drive smart,
Bagger.

P.S to the women SUV ladie and the two DWO's :hiFU: